Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Last week of being pregnant!

  My last week of being pregnant with Amelia went by so slow! I was so uncomfortable and was just ready to be able to hold my baby girl! I went to the doctors office when I was 38 weeks and had asked my doctor about when they induce pregnancies because I did not want her to go over 40 weeks. She said that she would induce me at 39 weeks if Amelia had not come on her own by then since there was no risk for her to come a week early. I decided that this is what I wanted to do.That entire week following my doctor appointment, I continued to try and walk a lot by going on daily walks to the dock with Garrett and shopping trips in order to try and get her out early but no such luck. That next Wednesday, I was 39 weeks and went in for my doctors appointment. My doctor checked me and I was only dilated to a 1. My doctor then again asked me if I wanted to go ahead and schedule a induction for sometime at the end of the week and I of course said YES!! My doctor then left the room to go see when the hospital had an opening and then she came back to tell me the news. She said that she scheduled me for induction for the next morning which was Thursday and I needed to be on the Labor and Delivery Floor at 7am to start the whole induction process! I was so excited that the hospital was able to get me in and I would not have to wait any longer! I could not believe that I would be holding my baby girl the next day! My mom had gone with me to my appointment that day because we were running errands after so right when I got out of my appointment I told her the exciting news and then called Garrett to tell him his baby girl would be born tomorrow! Garrett was really excited and we both could not believe that she would actually be with us soon! After talking to Garrett on the phone I then called all of our family and told them the good news!

Hospital Bags packed! Can you tell I was ready?


No comments:

Post a Comment